Skip to main content

Armour of God

Ephesians 6:10-19
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high place
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking on the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.

Lesson:

Definitions:
Armour - protective covering, as against weapons
Loins - the part of the body between the ribs and the hipbone.
Girt - 1. to encircle 2. to prepare for action.
Shod - to provide with shoes.
Quench - to extinguish.
Fiery - of or like fire
Darts - 1. slender pointed missiles, 2. game in which darts are thrown at a target.

We are constantly under attack from the enemy. The bible says that he walks about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. We are not equip to fight him on our own for he is cunning and crafty. He knows what to do to get under our skin, where we are most vulnerable. And he uses those areas to get in and launch his attacks. But God has a way of protecting us from Satan's attacks. He has a full body armour made just for his children. We will be covered from head to toe. All we have to do is ask God to clothe us in this armour each and everyday.

Each part of the armour protects us in different ways. When we wear the armour we will speak the truth from the belly and will know the difference between the truth and a lie from the enemy. Our conduct will be righteous and just, from our hearts. We'll have peace that only God can give and that same peace we'll show towards others. We will have faith in God to meet our needs and fight our battles. We will know that the battle is won no matter what it looks like in the world. Every trick the enemy throws our way will fail. We will study God's word so that when Satan attacks our mind and tells us we are nobody, that we can't, we know that God's word says that we are heirs to His throne and ambassadors of Christ and that yes we can. When the enemy speaks to your mind speak back to him the word of God and God will give you just the scriptures and verses you need at that very moment.

And always, always, always pray without ceasing. Because when the prayers go up....

The blessings come down!

This is the Armour of God and what it will do. God bless each and every reader of His word. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalms 23

A Psalm of David THE Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the path of righteousness for hi name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. LESSON: We are the sheep and He is our shepherd. He is leading us that follow Him and he will lead us when we are lost. He will never let us go without the things that we need to survive on this Earth. He will make sure that we walk up right in truth and that we should not lie. We do not have to fear man or demon because the Lord will always stand with us in battle agains

Commandment To Love

John 15:9-12 9As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, abide in his love. 11These things I have spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Lesson: Jesus gave us a main commandment which is to love one another as He loves us. He has no conditions on His love for us. Meaning He loves us with a love like a mother. You know how your mother loves you no matter who you are or what you have done. God loves us even when we do wrong but He sends His word for us to get it right. He does not want us to continue to walk blind in our sin. And He does not us to continue on a path of destruction. We love people with conditions with the main condition being, if you hurt me in any kind of way or you don't treat me the way I feel you should treat

Proverbs 6:20-22